RE: Open Source Graphic converter RGB to CMYK

Subject: RE: Open Source Graphic converter RGB to CMYK
From: "Johnson, Tom" <TJohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:21:53 -0500

Thank you to Sean, Mike, and Jacque for the ImageMagick recommendation. I downloaded the program and it looks like it will solve my problem.

For those who may be thinking of trying it: Being somewhat brainwashed into the Windows OS mentality, I was caught off guard by the command line interface. Unless I'm missing something, you don't see the ImageMagick "program," but it does have a viewer to show you the results of your manipulation. You have to enter the command and then look at the change in a separate viewer (included in the installation). The difference is something I can get used to.

It brings to mind the discussion a few weeks ago about the power of the command line interface. I can certainly see where the command line interface would make it much easier to manipulate batches of graphics by using ImageMagick.

Thanks again. Now I have the program handy for when I need it.

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer
tjohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com