Re: Contract-Style Capitalization

Subject: Re: Contract-Style Capitalization
From: Bill Devlin <devlin -at- europa -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:41:32 -0800

Apologies for the double-posting. I forgot to change the subject from the digest information to stay within the thread on my original reply.
BD

At 11:00 PM 11/13/2005, Kirk wrote:
<Snip>

If the writer wants this convention included in the manual, should I
interfere? Or is this capitalization correct? It seems out of the
ordinary to me and would be difficult to maintain throughout a complex
manual. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Kirk

Hi Kirk,

As a former general contractor and construction company owner who used AIA contract documents, I can say that it was the accepted convention to capitalize these terms in the contracts that my company executed. Since part of enforcement of contract law has to do with language consistency, I would stick with what the writer gave you unless there is some compelling reason to do otherwise (such as a legal opinion).

Best regards,

Bill Devlin
Writing Services
Portland, OR

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archiver%40techwr-l.com