Re: A prescriptive language?

Subject: Re: A prescriptive language?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Sankara R" <ss_rajanala -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Rob Tovey" <robtovey -at- hotmail -dot- co -dot- uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:38:07 -0800

I've worked in both fields, and because my original
technical experience is in neither, I tend to take the
cautious approach and put in more basics. In both
cases, customer focus groups usually tell us to put
in less, as we're chasing the top end/bleeding edge
of our markets and the users are all what you'd
call "advanced." But the way I look at it, taking
stuff out after getting customer feedback is better than having the focus groups tell us there isn't enough information.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sankara R" <ss_rajanala -at- yahoo -dot- com>

There is 'register'... a set of commonly accepted
terms in a particular profession. While it is
tempting to 'assume' users know the terminology,
and give due respect to their mastery over
jargon, no one is sure there is only one meaning
of a given term.

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archiver%40techwr-l.com