HTML Transit: "General failure" messages

Subject: HTML Transit: "General failure" messages
From: Craig -dot- Hadden -at- toyota -dot- com -dot- au
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, austechwriter -at- freelists -dot- org
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:37:37 +1100

A few days ago I upgraded to version 6.5 of HTML Transit (from version
5.1).

Since then, when I try to translate my project, I get numerous messages in
the log file that simply say "FATAL ERROR - General failure." These occur
both after reading a .DOC input file and after processing output files
(both HTML and GIF).

The logging level is set to 4, and I tried to set it to 5 to get more info
on what was going on, but that just made Transit hang at the end of the
translation. (It consumed 100% of CPU time for several hours while I was
away from my desk!)

Does anyone know what causes these "General failure" messages?

Thanks,
Craig

TOYOTA FINANCIAL SERVICES IS LOCATED AT

> Levels 7-9, 207 Pacific Highway
> St Leonards NSW 2065
>
> P 02 9430 0000
> F 02 9430 0011
>
> This e-mail transmission is intended only for the addressee and may
contain confidential information. Confidentiality is not waived if you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, nor may you use, review,
disclose, disseminate or copy any information contained in or attached to
it. If you received this e-mail in error please delete it and any
attachments and notify us immediately by reply e-mail.

> TFS does not warrant that any attachments are free from viruses or other
defects. You assume all liability for any loss, damage or other consequences
which may arise from opening or using the attachments.

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archiver%40techwr-l.com