RE: documentation versioning and management software

Subject: RE: documentation versioning and management software
From: "Pradeep" <ninkozi -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:02:31 +0530

We have been using Subversion, also called SVN, which is CVS on steriods.
Well that's mangling the truth a bit... Svn is a replacement for CVS,
addressing the shortcomings of CVS but trying to maintain the same
interface. SVN is simple to set up, takes low resources and is free (open
source). It is available for Windows, Linux and other platforms as well.
For the client interface, we use TortoiseSVN, which is a phenomenally easy
interface to work with.
Monica, your team might want to investigate SVN, especially because it
handles binary diffs as well.
This entire post sounds like an ad for SVN, I know :)
If anyone needs help in setting up a simple SVN system on Linux, you can
mail me offline.

Bye,
Pradeep

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archiver%40techwr-l.com