Re: Documenting A Ballet Dance

Subject: Re: Documenting A Ballet Dance
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:03:42 -0800

Over the years I have purchased all manner of products, from
garden park benches to computer cards of all types, whose
assembly and use instructions were so badly written as to
literally scream "no writer here." Somehow I managed to get all of these things together and working, though in many cases
not without a substantial amount of cursing and a few skinned
knuckles. So I would have to agree with Bill. If all you want is "adequate" and your standards are low enough, there's a pretty good chance you can get there without a technical writer.
If your goal is to have your users not associate your product with
memories of cursing and skinned knuckles, that might be another story.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>

Sorry, Bill...we normally agree on stuff. This day was bound to
happen.

No, not anyone can build a document. I qualify doing something with
ending up with a something that works.
Anyone can put words on paper. That doesn't mean they've documented
something.