Re: Job market for teachers in Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Job market for teachers in Tech Writing
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:25:39 -0800

Some years ago I was asked to provide a reference for a former employee who was applying for TW instructor position. Although this person was well qualified and I was happy to provide a reference,
I was dismayed to discover from reading the job description that
the requirements included an advanced degree in English or Technical Communication but not any actual hands-on experience
as a working TW...

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: <arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com>