Re: complete documentation

Subject: Re: complete documentation
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Tracy Taylor <ipsque -at- yahoo -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:36:44 -0800 (PST)

Tracy Talor asks:

"What is complete and accurate documentation to you?"

Tony Markos responds:

Where:

* The system itself has been properly scoped (i.e.,
its extent determined)and verified with the customer.

* The documentation about the system has been properly
scoped (i.e., the docs and sections contained within
each doc has been determined) and verified with the
customer.

* The functionality within the defined scope of the
system has been properly partitioned into approx
equal-size and right-size "chucks" (Rule of thumb:
Each functional chunk can be described on about a page
or so of text).

* The documentation for each above "chunk" has been
verified with SME(s).

--- Tracy Taylor <ipsque -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

Hi -

We are lucky in that we get some feedback on our
documentation from customers, but I'm not always sure
how to address the feedback.

For example, we get feedback that we need "complete
documentation." In your mind, what does that mean?

Cover every feature in "sufficient" depth? We also
get complaints that people can't find information.

Accuracy I understand better, but again, it's hard to
address how to be more accurate.

What is complete and accurate documentation to you?

http://mail.yahoo.com