Re: Are your documents interesting?

Subject: Re: Are your documents interesting?
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 08:51:40 -0800 (PST)

--- Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

Why does the tone of our documents and training not
reflect what people are used to experiencing in the
larger marketplace?

Tony Markos responds:

A ways back I asked listserv members what writing
skills are. The number two response was skill in the
art of rhetoric. Frankly, as someone with an
engineering background, anything partly defined as
"the art of..." sends shivers down my spine. But hey,
I'll try anythng. So I have decided to try and make
my docs have a more interesting tone - to be more
rhetorical. Below are samples of my old and new
(rhetorical-based)styles. Am I "on the money" or
what?

Thanks,

Tony Markos

Example Without Rhetoric