Hourly vs. Salaried

Subject: Hourly vs. Salaried
From: "Parcell, Michelle" <Michelle_Parcell -at- G1 -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:55:57 -0500

All,

My company was recently acquired and we're going through the growing pains of assimilating to their HR systems, among other things. My manager was recently told by the new powers that be that we writers should be hourly rather than salaried, which was a huge surprise to us (since we've always been salaried). My manager thinks there may be legal reasons for this and that the government may have defined what we do as being an hourly-type job (to ensure we are paid OT). I was wondering if there were many of you who were hourly or if anyone has had to "defend" being a salaried employee.

I did search the archives in multiple ways for this topic but always came up with a blank page, so forgive me if this is a repeated question.

Thanks!

Michelle Parcell

NOTICE: This E-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not
the addressee or the intended recipient please do not read this E-mail
and please immediately delete this e-mail message and any attachments
from your workstation or network mail system. If you are the addressee
or the intended recipient and you save or print a copy of this E-mail,
please place it in an appropriate file, depending on whether
confidential information is contained in the message.