RE: Starting over (long)

Subject: RE: Starting over (long)
From: "Kevin Cole" <kccole -at- fuse -dot- net>
To: "'John Posada'" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "'List,Techwriter'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:01:58 -0500

Hi John,

It's long been a truism among C programmers that the code is always better
the second time you write it. This is the one bit of reliable consolation
for having lost source files that didn't make it into the backup. Sometimes
the improvements are so obvious that it almost makes sense to use the
initial coding effort as part of the design/discovery phase, and then build
a "re-code from scratch" phase into the project from the start.

I've had the same experience with manuals and API documentation.

I think your advice to re-examine your work with this in mind is spot-on.

Thanks.

--KC

Kevin Cole
Cole Consulting