Re: Techwhirlers, re: rude email

Subject: Re: Techwhirlers, re: rude email
From: John Cook <john -dot- cook -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:06:45 -0600

On 2/8/06, Amy Gale <amyg -at- grammatech -dot- com> wrote:
> Michele Davis wrote:
> > OK. Perhaps I was over-reacting, but as I stated before the blonde and
> > cute thing annoyed me.

What fascinates me is that we have an example here of two people, each
asking a sensible question in a perhaps unintentionally provakative
fashion. What is most heartening is when people see through the
author's words and actually read the author's intent (something I am
not always especially known for, myself, heh).

At the end of the day, both threads will likely yield some genuine
insight and constructive information if one is able to look past what
is written and read what is said. I'm learning something about myself
by watching others work through the threads, and finding these to be
instructive threads, whether they were meant to be or not. Such is
the power of the sharing of diverse background, opinion, and
knowledge.

--
John Cook
Technical Writer / Help Author