Related to 'The New Communication'

Subject: Related to 'The New Communication'
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:57:03 -0500

This op-ed piece relates to some of the discussions here. I am not supporting or endorsing the article, merely posting it FYI.

Enjoy!

:)
Arroxane
Literacy Limps Into the Kill Zone
Commentary by Tony Long
http://www.wired.com/news/columns/0,70214-0.html?tw=wn_index_2

*snip*
Today I want to talk about the all-out assault on the English language and the role technology plays in that unprovoked and dastardly attack. I especially want to talk about the ways dumbing down the language is not only seen as acceptable, but is tacitly encouraged as the status quo.
*snip*