Re: Planning modular help for software packages

Subject: Re: Planning modular help for software packages
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:34:38 -0800 (PST)

> John, nobody else is saying what I am - and what I say
> is the major thing that needs to be done to achieve
> proper modularization. What do you want - the
> details?

No, what I DO want to know is that with thousands of years worth of
experience represented by this list, why ARE you the only one?

Here's what puzzles me...is the solution to any technical writing
task NOT DFDs?

Don't get me wrong...I like data flow diagrams. When I was at
Barnes&Noble.com, about 60% of my time on one of my two projects was
to create them. But what that also means is that for 40% of what I
did, they weren't the answer.

Anyway...I like seeing you try to justify their use in your
situations. I don't always agree and I don't always disagree.
However, it does make me consider if I would do the same thing.
Sometime my answer is yes, sometimes still no, and sometimes,
hmmm...maybe I could try that.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"So long and thanks for all the fish."