Re: Font Type/Size for online help?

Subject: Re: Font Type/Size for online help?
From: Janice Gelb <janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:48:06 -0800

Katie Kearns wrote:

On 3/1/06, Gurpreet Singh <gurpreet2311 -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to know about the font type/size that is best suitable
for online help.

Is Verdana better than Arial for online help?

(As to Arial vs Verdana? I like Arial better. Not sure if there are studies
out there to justify it. :D)

According to an article at http://website-design.mcdar.net/13740.php,
Verdana is preferred for online reading, with a font called
Georgia considered even better. (We'll hope that the misuse
of the apostrophe in "its" is not an indicator of other
research problems :-> )

Make sure to look up accessibility information -- I was going to give you a
link to Bobby, but I can't seem to find it. Were they "aquired" by
Watchfire, or am I just having problems today? :D You can also do a search
on "Section 508" for accessibility information.

Evidently it is now owned by Watchfire. You can get to the check
at http://webxact.watchfire.com/ScanForm.aspx

-- Janice