Developing marketing CD - best way to manage project

Subject: Developing marketing CD - best way to manage project
From: "Nelson, Julie " <JOHNST -at- acehardware -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:06:54 -0600

Our writing team is in the beginning stage of developing a marketing CD,
promoting our retail computer system to stores that aren't computerized
or aren't using our software applications. We've met twice regarding
the project, but haven't established a true project management plan.
I'm starting to come up with a list of different tasks involved in
developing the CD (not in order - writing the content, creating images,
editing, coding, QA, working with the company that will produce the
CDs, develop CD cover, etc.) None of us have official training in
project management, so I was hoping to get some assistance here. What
resources do you use for project management (especially from the
standpoint of working with a technical writing/training team - 8
people). Are there web sites, books, e-mail lists that would be
helpful? What steps do you take when managing a project. Our goal is
to have a final version of the CD done before yearend.

Thanks & sorry if this seems like a very basic question.

Julie Nelson