Re: Grapics Placement

Subject: Re: Grapics Placement
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:20:36 -0800

We size graphics to fill page width whenever possible (and it usually
is, what with all the callouts). This results in the graphic being "centered"
as a default, so when we insert something that is too tall to be sized for
full width, we center it just for the sake of consistency. Of all the things
anyone, anywhere has ever commented on with regard to document
clarity and usability, nobody, nowhere, has ever commented on whether
the graphics ought to be centered or justified. My guess is that this is
another one of those discussions you should not allow anyone who is not
part of your doc team to overhear - especially if you are not bang on or
ahead of your project schedules - if you want to avoid another round of
headshaking and the perception that the tech writers are bound up in
meaningless minutiae.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dubin, David" <David -dot- Dubin -at- sage -dot- com>