How do I create bookmarks in PDF from Word 2000?

Subject: How do I create bookmarks in PDF from Word 2000?
From: Nandini G <nandini111 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:30:57 -0800 (PST)

Am I right that I absolutely have to have Adobe Distiller (6.0 up) to crest PDF from Word 2000 with bookmarks? Am I right about the following? Or is there an easier way? Thanks. I am at a new contract and don't have the distiller.

A set of Bookmarks can be created for each of your .PDF files. These bookmarks appear as an Outline in a separate window to the left of the document in the Exchange application. I defined each of my chapter headings, section headings, and subject headings as document locations that I wanted to have bookmarked. I had identified these entities my marking them with blue text in the original Word documents. To create each bookmark, select Edit > Copy (or the icon with the dashed box around text; or CTRL C) and highlight the text that you want bookmarked with the mouse/cursor. Then select Edit > Bookmark > New (or CTRL B) to make a space for the bookmark in the list. Finally, select Edit > Paste (or CTRL V) to paste the copied text as the bookmark text. If you make a mistake, just highlight the botched entry in the list of bookmarks and select Edit > Clear. No problem.
When you're done creating all your bookmarks for a particular .PDF file, you can indent some of them on your list simply by clicking on the "little page" to the left of the bookmark text and physically moving the text to the right. This will allow you to create a hierarchy of chapters, sections, and subjects.

Yahoo! Mail