Word Format Painter reprise

Subject: Word Format Painter reprise
From: "Elizabeth O'Shea" <elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:25:26 -0000

I want to say once again Thanks! to everybody who pointed me to the format
painter when I was having problems with formatting in Word.

I've since found the format painter especially helpful for sorting out
bizarre autonumbering in Word. For example, the previous highest outline
number was 10, followed by 10.1, 10.2, and a paragraph return. I want the
line I'm on to be 11, but Word insists it should be 1. I use the format
painter, and Word does what I want it to! Now that's a novelty. (The
document, by the way, is a contract that was sent to me for 'tidying'. I
think it went through a few different companies before it arrived to me.)

So if you have autonumbering troubles, try the format painter (the little
paint brush on the Standard toolbar).

elizabeth
elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com