Being on techwhirler

Subject: Being on techwhirler
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:44:49 -0500

Hello all,

There's always a lot of discussion on the list about discretion, don't email from your corporate address if you don't want your boss to be able to Google you and find your posts, etc. So, this week-end I received an email from a man at a yahoo account (darn, can't find the IP address to find out his identity) that went like this:

Subject: Do you really want your private correspondence on line?

SEE:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/archives/0512/techwhirl-0512-00150.html

http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/archives/0603/techwhirl-0603-00336.html

I found these by searching "uber geek empyre"

Being my own little corporation and not embarrassed about my opinions as they appear on various Usenet groups or archival postings, it doesn't bother me, but some people on this list should take this as a "heads up." The web is a marvelous, yet scary place.

I did email the man back and told him that: "Those are archives of the techwhirler list serv which is inherently a public forum, they are not personal correspondence..."

I included a sweet little link that I can't control which can be found by Googling krautgrrl. I was flattered by said link. Suffice it to say the gist of the posting was that all some man wanted was pictures of me from Santa. I take my compliments where I can get them. LOL. ;-)

Michele

Michele E. Davis, Writer
Kraut Companies
www.krautgrrl.com