preserving fonts made in visio

Subject: preserving fonts made in visio
From: obair81 -at- comcast -dot- net
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 17:04:56 +0000

Text callouts that I added in visio (to a bmp file) came out looking blurry when saved from visio to bmp (or tiff).

Based partly on some extremely helpful info posted a while back, I instead printed the visio to pdf and inserted the pdf into frame. The text callouts now look fantastic!

(I printed to pdf since I did not see any way to Save the visio file to a format that would preserve the fonts well.)

My only problem now: I am new to printing an image to a pdf. The pdf made from visio contains the image itself AND a huge area of white around it.

How can I print to pdf in visio and get just the image? I tried selecting the image and selecting "Selection" in the Print dialog, but it made no difference. I still a massive white area along with my 4x5 image.

Thanks.

Paul