RE: Maxit Simplified English

Subject: RE: Maxit Simplified English
From: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 07:38:01 -0500

I am the editor and translation coordinator for our group, and I took
advantage of the Maxit Checker demo and sent them a section of one of
our files to analyze. We felt this section was well-written and pretty
tight in its construction, but the results we got back were interesting.

The writer, our manager, and I sat down to go over the files, and we
definitely took the recommendation of the tool in certain areas, but not
all. My overall impression of the application was positive, and I
wouldn't mind having this as an editing assistant in my job. My time is
split between duties, and I'm all for anything that makes it easier.

That said... yes, the smartny.com site is a mess of colors and styles.
It sort of resembles the way your file comes back from the checker,
though. The checker uses colors to indicate the types of suggested
changes, and then a keypress-mouseover combination brings up a popup
with the text.

The cost would be considered high for many groups. In the brochure I
received, the Starter Kit was $2500 for a single license.

Carla Martinek, Translation Coordinator/Editor
Zebra Technologies Corporation
333 Corporate Woods Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
tel: 847.793.5616 fax: 847.821.1795
cmartinek / zebra/com

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.