WAS: Did I overreact? NOW: Salary Info & Money Mag's Top Jobs

Subject: WAS: Did I overreact? NOW: Salary Info & Money Mag's Top Jobs
From: "Diana Ost" <Diana -dot- Ost -at- msmcorp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 08:45:21 -0400

For those of you who are not STC members, I got this at home last night
from the STC. Salary.com has some salary info. And, we have one of the
top jobs in America! Who knew? (Used to, I would have to explain what
the heck a tech writer was, and did.)

Enjoy!
-- Diana

--------------------------

Technical writing is Money Magazine's "Lucky Number 13"

Money Magazine and Salary.com have just released a new list of the 50
"Best Jobs in America"-and technical writing landed at number 13! What's
more, two other job titles used by STC members-curriculum developer and
editor-scored numbers 18 and 19, respectively.

In evaluating the jobs, Money used such criteria as salary, growth,
stress levels and flexibility in hours. You can view the complete list
at:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bestjobs/top50/index.html

The list is targeted at those considering a career change, but how does
it help you, the practicing technical communicator? You can use the list
to publicize what you do and the current industry recognition it's
receiving! Consider bringing the list to the attention of your manager
or supervisor. Other recipients might include your internal or external
customer organizations, and perhaps your company newsletter and website
as well.

At the very least, the list is a prestigious acknowledgement of the
rising profile of technical communicators. So, spread the word! And,
congratulations-you have one of the "Best Jobs in America"!

-Maurice Martin, STC Communication Director

Society for Technical Communication

----------------------------

Diana Ost
Technical Writer/Reporting Analyst
Production Administration
Market Street Mortgage Corporation
diana -dot- ost -at- msmcorp -dot- com
Phone (727) 431-7209
Fax (727) 724-9096
2650 McCormick Drive, Suite 200
Clearwater, Florida 33759

This message and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information and are only for the intended recipient of this message. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return
email or phone, and delete or destroy this and all copies of this
message and all attachments. Any unauthorized disclosure, use,
distribution, or reproduction of this message or any attachments is
prohibited and may be unlawful.