Help with Word: Copy & Paste woes

Subject: Help with Word: Copy & Paste woes
From: Abby Klemmer <aklemmer -at- factset -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 17:14:46 -0400

Hello Techwrl-ers,

A colleague of mine is having a Word problem.

(Note: We are both running Word 2003, Service Pack1 on Windows XP
Professional. We are both viewing our documents in "Print Layout.")

In Word docs with regular "body text," inserted images, and Autoshape
callouts, I can copy and paste text just fine. For example, I can copy
text from one callout directly into the text of another callout; I can
copy text from a separate document's footer and paste it directly into a
new document's footer. Everything works as I'd expect it to.

My colleague is not so lucky -- when she tries to paste text into a
callout, the text mysteriously appears in the body-text of the document,
_not_ in the callout. Ditto for when she tries to paste text into the
header or footer; the text just appears as normal body-text in the "main
text" of the document.

However, when I open her documents, everything works fine for me.

As you can imagine, this is very frustrating.

We looked in Word's online help but couldn't find anything helpful; we
also tried checking our Edit preferences, but couldn't find any immediate
clues as to why this works for me and not for her.

Any advice from Word gurus out there? Thank you in advance!

Abby Klemmer
FactSet Research Systems