Re: Context Sensitive Help

Subject: Re: Context Sensitive Help
From: Sean Wheller <sean -at- inwords -dot- co -dot- za>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 21:58:56 +0200

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 21:43, cupton -at- syclone -dot- net wrote:
> What do you think? Have you encountered this problem before, and how did
> you approach the Sales people? The customer?

Is it a customer request?

Is it negatively impacting on sales?

What's the customer worth?

Is the customer prepared to pay for it?

Is there any snob value. Competitors have it, so must we.

All questions I would ask first before I set out to prove that change is
wrong.

Generally, they have some reasoning. If they don't and the company approves
the work after you find no justification, then depending on current workload
and department funding, requisition additional help or increase the overtime
limit. Either way, the extra work is a nice problem to have :-)

--
Ask me about the Monkey.

Sean Wheller
Technical Author