RE: recommending open-source sw and OpenOffice.org WAS (no subject)

Subject: RE: recommending open-source sw and OpenOffice.org WAS (no subject)
From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "'Claire Pateman'" <clairepateman -at- hotmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 17:05:03 -0500

There is an open-source application that bills itself as being similar to
Visio. It's called Dia (which stands for 'diagram' I suppose). Here is some
description of the sw from its manual:

Dia is an application for creating technical diagrams. Its interface and
features are loosely patterned after the Windows program Visio. Features of
Dia include multiple-page printing, export to many formats (EPS, SVG, CGM
and PNG), and the ability to use custom shapes created by the user as simple
XML descriptions. Dia is useful for drawing UML diagrams, network maps, and
flowcharts.
This document describes version 0.94 of Dia.

http://dia-installer.sourceforge.net/index.php

Cannot say anything about it experience-wise.

Jim Jones http://tinyurl.com/4arjc