Re: OFF-TOPIC question about an office thing?

Subject: Re: OFF-TOPIC question about an office thing?
From: "Char James-Tanny" <charjtf -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:38:07 -0400

On the other hand, if other office workers wear perfume (particularly
the same perfume) and get no complaints, there's a decent chance that
this has nothing to do with the perfume and everything to do with a
personality conflict. If you're an empiricist, you could suggest your
girlfriend borrow someone else's perfume at the office or (even better)
wears no perfume at all for a couple days to see whether the problem
goes away; if it does, it's the particular brand of perfume, but if it
doesn't, odds are good it's actually a personality conflict.

Actually...no. Perfume reacts differently to the person wearing it,
which means that someone could have a reaction even if they were OK
with the scent when worn by others. (That actually happened to
me...someone who was staying with us wore perfume that caused my
throat to close, so we gave her some of mine. I had the same reaction
when she wore it, even though I don't have a problem when I do (which
isn't all that often...I don't wear a lot of perfume to work at home
;-). It didn't even smell the same.)

Char James-Tanny ~ JTF Associates, Inc. ~ http://www.helpstuff.com
Please send follow-up questions to the list.
Contact me directly (CharJT at helpstuff dot com) with business inquiries.
2005-2006 Microsoft Help MVP ~ MSHelpWiki http://www.mshelpwiki.com
AuthorIT Certified Consultant, Development, and Training
Moderator, HATT and MSHelp2
STC Secretary, 2006-2008
STC Online Information SIG: Online Help Lead
Web site Hosting and Design ~ http://www.jtfhosting.com