RE: file sharing

Subject: RE: file sharing
From: "R. Armstrong" <rarmstrong -at- alpha -dot- ipswitch -dot- com>
To: "'Lou Quillio'" <public -at- quillio -dot- com>, "'obair'" <obair81 -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:58:45 -0400

>>They want your FTP username and passwd, which FTP
>>conveniently transmits in cleartext. Armed with your account data
>>they can log-in any time.

I'll have to disagree...slightly.

There are FTP Clients and FTP servers out there that encrypt the username
and password when using SSL (and sometimes when not using it.) Our product
does it, though I won't post our product name on the list. I don't want to
make this seem like an ad post.

Anyway, most of what you say is true, and all of it was true a couple of
years ago.

Robert Armstrong