GUI Standards document?

Subject: GUI Standards document?
From: "David Castro" <thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:06:38 -0400

I have been asked to create a GUI standards document for our development
team. It'd have things like what widgets we can use, how many entries should
show in list boxes, the order of the OK/Cancel/Help buttons, height of
buttons in pixels, and so on. I've seen documents like this in previous
jobs, but never had a copy that I could keep. I thought I'd be able to
Google and find *something* to review for ideas, but about an hour of
searching turned up nothing. I probably used the wrong search terms. I think
I searched on "GUI layout programming standards document," and then revised
it by taking out the word "programming" because it turned up too many coding
standards documents.

Anybody have any ideas where I could find something in the public domain, or
even a commercial document along the lines of the MMoS or Sun's Read Me
First! that would give me a leg up on this?

--
-David Castro
thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com