RE: Fwd: translation

Subject: RE: Fwd: translation
From: "Johnson, Tom" <TJohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: "John Cornellier" <jcornellier -at- abingdon -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:38:36 -0400

Hey John,

I don't think so. In the off-chance that I'd say something unflattering or unkind to an individual, I don't think I'd want the default setting to be "To the whole list". It makes it available for all the world to see just by typing my name in Google. Wouldn't it be easy enough to just send it again directly to the list if you happen to hit "Reply" instead of "Reply All?" I can't see any posting being valuable enough to offset the embarrassment caused by saying something inappropriate to the whole list.

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer
tjohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com