RE: Asking for help in designing a new document

Subject: RE: Asking for help in designing a new document
From: "Diana Ost" <Diana -dot- Ost -at- msmcorp -dot- com>
To: "Keith Hood" <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:33:14 -0400

Hi:

My first suggestion would be to view this:
http://www.oracle.com/database/index.html to gain an understanding of
the product before you start. There are a couple of web seminars and
white papers there that you could read for background.

The technology network page also looks very promising:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/oracle10g/index.html
There are some data sheets that might help with some of the things you
need to document (even if you have a customized setup) that you
mentioned for configuration files and logs, as well as maintenance
routines.

There are tutorials and documentation at the tech site as well. I'd look
around for a technical forum of some kind where you could ask questions,
if the engineers at your place are too busy to talk much.

If I am so fortunate to start out with a *documented* product, then I
use that as my first resource.

Good luck!

Diana Ost
Technical Writer/Reporting Analyst
Production Administration
Market Street Mortgage Corporation
diana -dot- ost -at- msmcorp -dot- com
Phone (727) 431-7209
Fax (727) 724-9096
2650 McCormick Drive, Suite 200
Clearwater, Florida 33759

This message and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information and are only for the intended recipient of this message. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return
email or phone, and delete or destroy this and all copies of this
message and all attachments. Any unauthorized disclosure, use,
distribution, or reproduction of this message or any attachments is
prohibited and may be unlawful.