Re: Why marketing should make the user manuals

Subject: Re: Why marketing should make the user manuals
From: elecimag -at- att -dot- net
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "Susan Hogarth" <hogarth -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:46:41 +0000

Yes, it has gotten worse. Two issues; I had an interview for a full time technical writer position yesterday and I was astonished that the interviewer knew so little about Adobe, Apple and publishng in general. Since I only joined the is group yesterday and wish I had found it earlier, has anyone raised the issue of why I can only find contracted work, not full time. Has technical writing reached a stage where all we do is go into a company, fix all the Microsoft word documentation and end the gig? I quit building websites since that is mainly contracted out to low bidders. Thanks for all the tech tips. Are there any users of Adobe Creative Suite in the group?

Marketing and Technical Consultant

-------------- Original message from "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>: --------------