Re: Consulting Fees

Subject: Re: Consulting Fees
From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Andrea C. Carrero" <andrea -at- wordtex -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:42:15 -0400

Sorry, that's 2 x salary / 1000 = hourly rate.

Whether you can get it is another matter, but that will ensure you're
getting paid properly and can support a business and all that goes
with it (your health care, vision, dental, life insurance, other
insurance policies, equipment, software, overhead work such as
accounting, advertising, billing...).

On 9/7/06, Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

Nope. Double your salary and then divide by 2. Why? Insurance,
infrastructure, and other overhead costs. It generally costs a company
twice your salary to employ you.

That said, I know a lot fo writers who still to this day are charging
less than $50/hr for consulting services. I just shake my head,
because I don't get it. Meanwhile I know writers who charge over
$100/hr for the same types of services, and get it consistently.

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter