Comair Crash

Subject: Comair Crash
From: "Jessica Weissman" <Jessica -dot- Weissman -at- hillcrestlabs -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:30:28 -0400

Regarding the Comair crash: the integrated charts were not updated, but
the change was recording in the NOTAMs (Notices to Airmen), a sort of
running update log. Pilots are supposed to be aware of all NOTAMs, as
vital information is conveyed in them. Pilots take this seriously.

So it's better to have up to date documentation in the primary source.
But this particular change was documented.

Jessica Weissman