Re: Extracting copy of RoboHelp project from Visual SourceSafe

Subject: Re: Extracting copy of RoboHelp project from Visual SourceSafe
From: "Allen Dean" <allendean -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Sally J Kentfield" <SJK -at- albany -dot- co -dot- uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:59:48 -0400

Sally,

Yes, you can do what you ask (copy a RH project from VSS and and work with
it). I think this article from the Rick Stone the RoboWizard will help you:

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#MonthlyScry/102004.htm

Allen

On 9/14/06, Sally J Kentfield <SJK -at- albany -dot- co -dot- uk> wrote:

I am struggling a little with RoboHelp X5 (HTML view, not Word) and
Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0. I am looking at re-organising and
re-branding some of our help files, and I would like to play about with
non-live copies.

Has anyone any ideas? Can I extract a copy of a project from Visual
SourceSafe without deleting the Visual SourceSafe copy? or is the
KeyTools CHM extraction method best?