RE: Picture behind Text in Word - solved

Subject: RE: Picture behind Text in Word - solved
From: Lorraine Kiewiet <lkiewiet -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:55:51 -0400 (EDT)

This is what finally worked.

When I tried the header footer approach (as the Help tells you to), I was left with an image in the upper left of the document, with the header box of the page layout resized to hold the picture.

I started over, and after making sure that the picutre format was set up to be behind text, with the header footer toolbar still open, I dragged the image to the middle of the page (where I want it). Voila. Printout matches Print Preview. The existing documents (I'm trying different layouts with same watermark image desired) couldl be 'repaired' in this manner.

I don't remember having to drag the image when making watermarks some years ago, but I'm going to be 39 AGAIN on Sunday, so....And I've been using Frame in recent years, so I've been spoiled.

Thanks to Connie, Karen, Jim, and Andrew and anybody I forgot to mention, for the suggestions.

--Lorraine