IE Blocking Active Content

Subject: IE Blocking Active Content
From: "Keith Hansen" <KRH -at- weiland-wfg -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:55:23 -0500

Hello, everyone!

In some situations, Internet Explorer (IE) blocks active content. To
view the active content, you have to select an option that allows such
content to be displayed. For example, I came across this situation:

* I'm creating my help system in RoboHelp (using WebHelp).

* I click My Computer; I click the folder containing my HTM files; I
click one of the HTM files in my help system; the file opens up in IE.
However, the Table of contents, Index, and Search functions for the help
system are not displayed. I get this message:

"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this
file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click
here for options..."

* To view the TOC and Index, I have to select an option in IE that
allows blocked content. Everything is then fine...

HERE'S MY QUESTION: When my end users go to access the help system, will
they experience this problem too? If so, what's the best way to handle
it? I don't want my end users viewing the help system with no TOC,
etc., displayed!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Keith