Re: IE Blocking Active Content

Subject: Re: IE Blocking Active Content
From: "Rick Stone" <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "Sarah Bouchier" <Sarah -dot- Bouchier -at- exony -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:25:25 -0500

Hi Sarah

Seems nobody has taken a stab at answering your question.

Your question is quite logical. However, it's my understanding (please, anyone knowing better or differently, feel free to set me straight) that when you view content on remote servers via your web browser, the files are in somewhat of a "safe" zone as they are in a temporary storage area. Sort of "quarantined" if you will. Because of this zone, the operating system believes things like JavaScript are fine to allow running. They can't really get out of their sandbox. Now if your content is running on your local PC, JavaScript can be used for naughty things. This is why it's viewed differently. Seems backwards, but as I understand it, this is how it works.

I sure hope I was able to articulate that properly and didn't just leave you more confused than you were to begin with.

Sincerely... Rick :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah Bouchier" <Sarah -dot- Bouchier -at- exony -dot- com>