Re: I'm sticking with WinHelp (was Re: WinHelp on Vista - ausefullink)

Subject: Re: I'm sticking with WinHelp (was Re: WinHelp on Vista - ausefullink)
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr -at- genek -dot- com, techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:34:17 -0400

But running old Windows versions that are no longer actively
supported by Microsoft means accepting an ever-increasing
security risk because vulnerabilities are no longer fixed with
patches and updates.

Around our place, the only machines that are allowed to be
connected to the network are fully patched XP systems. If
you need an older OS version, it has to be on a lab machine
not connected to the corporate network.

From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
CC: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:20:53 -0700

We still have systems here running NT4 for certain apps
that run better on it.

The purpose of an operating system is to run programs.
We don't upgrade to get slick new UIs, home theater
controls or new desktop themes. If a new OS doesn't
run the programs we need it to run, upgrade does not
happen.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>