RE: Job calls AFTER you find work

Subject: RE: Job calls AFTER you find work
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:02:26 -0400

I have had that exact same experience. I figure it is like
dating...the best way to get a date is to already have a date...life
is just odd that way!

Melissa

From: "Poshedly, Ken" <PoshedlyK -at- polysius -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Subject: Job calls AFTER you find work
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:30:45 -0400
>It just happened again.
>
>It seemed like I was out on the streets for most of 2005 and
couldn't
>get a nibble from almost any recruiter. Lots of open positions and
lots
>of the usual promises to try "extra hard" for me because of my
"unique
>skillset". But no offers. (Maybe I'm too old.)
>
>Finally, I link up with a contract and the agency calls start
coming in.
>I got maybe seven agency calls the first week I was here (even a
direct
>employer), but hardly a one before that. Then a few more over the
next
>buncha months. And I just got another one a few minutes ago.
>
>I'm now in the 10th month of my 8-month contract - yep, you read
it
>right. I like it here (except for the 35-mile drive each way), and
am
>doing ok moneywise, so I'm not lookin' to jump ship anytime soon.
>
>I ALWAYS tell the truth - that I am honored that they remember me,
but
>that I need to finish up here before moving on. And they always
>understand. I just don't know when , or IF, it will end here.
>
>But is it just karma or what?
>
>-- Kenpo in Atlanta
>
>__________________________
>
>This e-mail message and any attachment contains private
>and confidential information and is intended for the addressee
only. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible
>for delivery of the message to such person), please do not read,
copy, use or disclose this communication to others.
>If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your
system. Thank you.
>____________________
>Polysius Corp.
>Atlanta, Ga. USA
>http://www.PolysiusUSA.com
>Voice: 770-850-2000
>Main Fax: 770-955-8789
>
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major
Help
>format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient
content
>delivery. Try it today! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l
>
>Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any
popular Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

>---
>You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot- >
>or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/melmis36%40hotma
il.com