Re: Too old?

Subject: Re: Too old?
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:51:29 -0700 (PDT)

---Liz_Vela -at- bcbstx -dot- com wrote:
> > When I was laid off a year ago, I posted my resume
> on Dice and Monster. I
> > received very few calls, although my resume showed
> 25 years of good
> > experience. After knocking off the first 10 years
> and taking out
> references
> > to old technology, I received many more calls and
> emails.

--- Maggie_Secara -at- capgroup -dot- com replied:
> I'd say dumping the outdated technology was the
> significant change. That's
> not about your age. No one cares how much you know
> about stuff no one uses
> any more, which is also probably stuff you haven't
> used in years.

Maggie, I have to disagree. Age definitely was the
concern here. Anyone who was not concerned about Liz's
age, and who read her resume before she knocked off 10
years, could have simply ignored references to old
technolgy. But obviously they did not ignore those