Re: No job response -- what would you do? (long)

Subject: Re: No job response -- what would you do? (long)
From: Joe Malin <jmalin -at- jmalin -dot- com>
To: Barry Campbell <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:33:22 -0700

Excellent points. Even so, I only distribute samples I did "for hire"
under two conditions:

* the material is publicly available
or
* I have explicit permission from the company to distribute the
material. I give them the chance to review it.

I think this is the correct and responsible approach. The web site
security prevents anonymous access; that is essential. Locked PDFs with
watermarks satisfy legal requirements, notify the reader, and prevent
wholesale copying. These are also necessary. Your current or former
employer is still exposed to unscrupulous practices that could only be
remedied after the damage is done.

The most important point is that you owe it to your former employer to
work with them and respect their privacy and confidentiality concerns.

Joe