Unable to edit text in pdf

Subject: Unable to edit text in pdf
From: "Shenton, David (DTRN)" <david -dot- shenton -at- smithsdetection -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 06:19:40 -0600

I have some weird things happening with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 when
attempting to delete text in a 200 page pdf. I was given an old file to
edit and I'm not sure what program the source file came from.

Using the Touchup Text Tool to delete text nothing happens, but when I
click off the page and go back to the edited page the text is deleted.
Other times I'm unable to edit the text because of font issues, what do
fonts have to do with editing text and how can I correct this.

Has anybody got any ideas?
Dave

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.