Adobe RoboHelp >> Madcap Flare conversion question

Subject: Adobe RoboHelp >> Madcap Flare conversion question
From: "Rowena Hart" <RHart -at- ACDSystems -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:06:35 -0700

Hi folks,

I have tinkered around trying to troubleshoot a problem related to the
conversion from RoboHelp to Flare. I have also searched the Flare help
and the Flare knowledgebase for a solution, but no luck. So, esteemed
peers, I look to you for guidance.

The Problem
-----------------

Windows-level context-sensitive help works okay between our application
and the CHM I compiled using Flare. However, field-level help is broken.
I can't figure out how to re-establish field-level help.

Troubleshooting So Far
-----------------------------------

Put our header file, CSHelp.h, and the related text file, CSHelp.txt, in
the same project folder (Project | Advanced). Windows-level help works
fine, field-level help is broken and I get the error message "Cannot
open the file C:\....<productname>.chm." (No, the file is not
read-only.)

Copied and pasted the text strings from CSHelp.txt into CSHelp.h because
CSHelp.h is recognized by Flare, plus all of the information in CSHelp.h
is also in <productname>.flali. Didn't work.

Considered that Madcap may have changed the terminology and researched
Aliases and Identifiers. Changed the file extension from CSHelp.txt to
CSHelp.flali and imported the file as an alias. Didn't work. In the
Alias Editor, selected a field-level help ID and clicked Assign New.
Dialog displayed where I can enter an identifier name and value. Checked
*their* field-level help for the dialog but the value can only be a
number.

Any guidance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rowena

Rowena Hart
Technical Writer
ACD Systems

T 250.544.6700 x 6784
F 250.544.0291
www.acdsee.com <http://www.acdsee.com/>

This message and any attachments are confidential, privileged or
proprietary in nature, for the use
of the intended recipient only, your receipt is not a waiver and does
not grant any rights. If you are
not the intended recipient any review, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited; please delete it and notify the sender immediately.