Re: What tech writers "do"

Subject: Re: What tech writers "do"
From: Richard Lewis <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Melissa Nelson <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 16:34:11 -0800 (PST)

Melissa:

The responses you have gotton so far are good. However, they all talk about the deliverables from tech writers (i.e., create help files, test scripts, management reports, etc.). Is that what you are after, or, are you trying to identify the behavior of tech writers in creating the deliverables (like in behavioral based interviewing)?

Richard Lewis

Melissa Nelson <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:

Hi All,

I will representing Michigan Tech and technical writers in general at the
National College Fair next week in Baltimore. I was hoping to put together a
list of what tech writers do, so that when I am asked that question, I can
give some interesting answers, and not just the generic "write manuals and
stuff" reply.

I would really appreciate some help in replying to what we do. I can give
them a list of what I do...but then again, that might scare them away. :)
Also, if anyone has advice for me to pass on to young innocent souls who may
wish to become tech writers...let me know!

Thanks so much,

Melissa

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/tech44writer%40yahoo.com

Sponsored Link

Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill. Sign up now.