Re: Too old?

Subject: Re: Too old?
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 09:52:20 -0800

John Posada wrote:

While we're parked, I'll take on short-term gigs

This is a great way to become available for out-of-town work at any stage of your career. Pick up a neglected RV ("barn queen") cheap, and start answering those calls for work far from home. The tax-time deduction for your mobile office should be gratifying. I've been RV'ing to distant work sites for years.

I've got to admit that the idea of doing it as retirement travel sounds zesty. I, perversely, got into it as a means to full employment.

--Ned "If you have to ask, you can't afford it. But even I can afford it"