Re: Too old?

Subject: Re: Too old?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:03:09 -0800 (PST)

> start answering those calls for work far from home. The
> tax-time deduction for your mobile office should be
> gratifying. I've been RV'ing to distant work sites for years.

You HAVE have you?

Two question I've wondered. You are somewhere on the East Coast and
you speak with a propective client several states away. During the
discussion, it comes up that you aren't in the area, but you will be
by the time the gig starts.

- How does he take that. Is he concerned that you'll change your
mind? I know it shouldn't be different than anyone else changing
their mind, but I'd imagine that being on wheels makes you seem even
less stable.

- Is there any concern that you'll pickup in the middle of the night?
If you live there, it's harder to change your residence. Being mobile
involves detaching a few lines and cables and you're off.

Have you experienced any stability issues in the eyes of the
prospective client?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."