Re: WTH is Going On? WAS: TechCommPros mailing list

From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:03:25 -0500

It was rash to jump to judgement without the whole story, for that I would
like to apologise, and it would seem the whole story will continue to be
unavailable to the general TECHWR-L public and open only to those
inquisitive enough to dig for it privately. In the mean time, I still
believe the members of a community have an interest, regardless of
ownership, in how their community is run.

If what is being said by some is true, I might be on board with those
wanting a different list under different management. But if the truth is
unavailable and the responses are it's none of our business, what to do?

The public airing of some of the details/accusations, as well as the
inflammatory accusations in my rant, have been wrong. But the airing of
some of the details is required. I've been forwarded an explanation from
Lisa Bronson that seems to me to be professional, to the point, and
non-inflamatory. It is beyond me why the e-mail could not have been posted
publically either here or on TCP. Based on that e-mail, I owe Lisa Bronson
my wholehearted apologies.

While my response/reaction has been clouded by other stresses, and perhaps
for that reason I have overreacted. I'm deceived that people and the
resource I respected seem to have come to what they have.

I've now found out that I need to reduce my dependance on TECHWR-L for
technical communication information. The reported censorship and
moderating of TECHWR-L, the fact that many of those that I enjoyed reading
and respected the most have been the target of that moderation have jumped
ship already, makes me unsure about continued participation.

I think I'll take a step back and refrain from participating for a while.
It's natural in the life of a list for evolution and change to occur. It's
time for me to evaluate as well.

Peace,

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) may contain confidential
or privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) or
entity named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please
notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by reply
e-mail, and delete the e-mail subsequently. Please note that in order to
protect the security of our information systems an AntiSPAM solution is in
use and will browse through incoming emails.
Thank you.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message (ainsi que le(s) fichier/s), transmis par courriel, peut
contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou protégés et est destiné à
l?usage exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus. Toute autre personne est par
les présentes avisée qu?il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, le
distribuer ou le reproduire. Si vous l?avez reçu par inadvertance,
veuillez nous en aviser et détruire ce message. Veuillez prendre note
qu'une solution antipollupostage (AntiSPAM) est utilisée afin d'assurer la
sécurité de nos systems d'information et qu'elle furètera les courriels
entrant.
Merci.