RE: Yet Another Recruiter Question

Subject: RE: Yet Another Recruiter Question
From: "James Barrow" <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:03:38 -0800

>>Connie Giordano wrote:
>Dori Green said:
>
>>The job market seems almost as hot as it was pre-dot-bomb! Is this true
>>in other markets besides the southeast?
>
>Of course, it does help that the market seems to making a turn upward, too.
>It was cold and dry for a lonnnnggggggg time.

The job market is very hot in southern California. This fascinates me since
this is supposed to be the time of year that the job market is the slowest
(end of fiscal year, etc.).

At first, I attributed this to SOX. I figured that more companies were
taking better responsibility and hiring tech writers to make sure that all
of their policies and procedures were in place. But this doesn't seem to be
the case. A lot of the recruiters that I have spoken to describe companies
that are simply rolling along with new projects.

Also, the available tech writer jobs seem to come in waves. At the
beginning of the month I recall seeing dozens of positions in the Los
Angeles area. The following week there were two. Week after?
Double-digits.

Go figure.