RE: Tables inside numbered lists

Subject: RE: Tables inside numbered lists
From: <Christian -dot- Walters -at- cox -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 08:21:29 -0500

We actually had an approach like that a few years ago, when I first started at this company. But we redesigned our templates so that the books are narrower, and space in table cells is at a premium. We were always arguing about it anyway.

For example, if we had more than one row that had steps, would the second row begin with 6.4 or restart with 6.1?

Personally, I'm glad to see it go. I hate multi-level numbering. It makes our nice, elegant format look like an overly complex outline.

We're trying a compromise right now of "a, b, c" because the deadline on this is nigh. If she's not content with that, then she's not going to be content with anything other than her exact demands. My hope is that she'll back down when faced with someone more stubborn and less intimidated than a 23-year-old on her first solo project :)

Thanks!

Christian